If you’ve been browsing the site in the last hour, you would have noticed quite a few broken images. That’s because I’ve put in a redirector to a different image upload location, so I can reduce upgrade headaches the next time I change to a new version of Subtext.

Of course, as part of the change I managed to delete the images for a number of blog posts (including one of the tutorial sections, ouch). Always check the name of the folder you’re deleting, kids.

I use Windows Live Writer to post, and I work from either my main desktop machine or my work laptop. Luckily, Windows Live Writer saves drafts as .wpost files that include all the images you’ve attached to that post. I’m saved! I thought.

Or not.

After applying Murphy’s Law, I realised the images I had lost were all from posts I made from my laptop, which has recently been wiped and rebuilt with Windows 7 RC.

But, being the smart Windows Home Server user that I am, I’d made a backup image of my laptop before upgrading to Windows 7. So, all I had to do was crack open the backup, navigate to my old My Documents folder, and copy out the relevant .wpost files.

Thanks, Windows Home Server!

posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:36 PM | Filed Under [ Windows Home Server Site ]

Search

Site Sections

Recent Posts

Archives

Post Categories

WHS Add-In Tutorial

WHS Blogs

WHS Development