Jesse over at Jesseweb.com has a post up on how to add a WHS shortcut to My Computer, to expose all sorts of nifty functionality in a right-click menu.
To do this, you simply need to add some registry values and have an icon to display. I have created an "Application" I call "AspireHome My Computer Link" which has the following features
- Aspire EasyStore h340 Icon
- Link to your home server displayed in "My Computer"
- Double click the link to browse the home server shares
- Right click the link to:
- Browse the home server shares
- Access the home server console
- Remotely computer manage the home server
- Remote desktop to the home server
Very nice idea. I’m going to run off and try this right now.